Yale Law School, 1998
“The planning you do today will help your family tree flourish during all the seasons of your life and for generations to come.”
Practice Areas: Medicaid • Special Needs Planning • Elder Law • Estate Planning
Julia’s legal career has focused on representation of Medicaid applicants and recipients who need long-term care services. Prior to joining the Law Offices of Nay & Friedenberg, Julia worked for Disability Rights Oregon and Legal Aid Services of Oregon.
Julia finds her work with Nay & Friedenberg to be particularly compelling in light of her personal experience as a caregiver to a parent with Alzheimer’s disease and a child who experiences a developmental disability. She understands all too well the pressures and challenges facing families in these circumstances, and the peace of mind that comes from legal and financial planning to ensure access to appropriate care.
Julia has deep roots in our community: she was born and raised in Portland and attended Reynolds public schools and Central Catholic High School. She has served as a Governor’s appointee to the Oregon Council on Developmental Disabilities and the Governor’s Task Force on Traumatic Brain Injury.
- BA University of San Francisco – 1993
- JD Yale Law School – 1998
Association & Board Memberships
- Member – Elder Law Section of the Oregon State Bar
- Member – Estate Planning Section of the Oregon State Bar
- Member – Disability Law Section of the Oregon State Bar
- Member – Diversity and Inclusion Section of the Oregon State Bar
- Member – Civil Rights Section of the Oregon State Bar
- Member – Oregon Women Lawyers
- Member – Multnomah Bar Association
- Member – Oregon State Bar