Gonzaga University School of Law, 2013
“This area of law is a tool for immortalizing your wishes and ensuring you and your loved ones will be able to maintain quality of life throughout difficult years.”
Practice Areas: Guardianships/Conservatorships • Probate • Elder Law • Estate Planning • Medicaid • Special Needs Planning
Shannon left her previous career as a concert pianist specifically to join the Law Offices of Nay and Friedenberg. She has been an avid humanitarian throughout her life and is proud to be part of a firm that helps so many families and individuals. Her practice areas include settlement services, special needs planning, Medicaid, estate planning, probate, and guardianship and conservatorship.
Since Shannon’s career change, she has been involved with organizations such as Oregon Law Commission, Disability Rights Oregon, Wills for Heroes, and Washington Vets Will Clinic. She was a founding executive board member and is currently an instructor for Guardian Partners, a non-profit organization that assists the court in educating and monitoring court appointed fiduciaries.
Shannon is licensed to practice law by the Oregon State Bar and the Washington State Bar Associations.
“Both Shannon & Amy were extremely responsive and helpful throughout the process. I was always treated with respect and all of my questions were answered in a very timely manner. Thank You!”
— Elaine M.
- BM Cleveland Institute of Music, Case Western Reserve University – 2002
- MM Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University – 2004
- Post Graduate Studies & Teaching Cert. Royal Academy of Music, University of London – 2005
- JD Gonzaga University School of Law – 2013
Association & Board Memberships
- Past Secretary and current instructor for Guardian Partners
- Member – Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
- Member – Estate Planning and Administration Section of the Oregon State Bar
- Member – Elder Law Section of the Oregon State Bar
- Member – Disability Law Section of the Oregon State Bar
- Member – Oregon Women Lawyers
- Member – Multnomah Bar Association
- Member – Oregon Law Commission’s Modernization Work Group
- National Certified Guardian
- Member – Oregon State Bar
- Member – Washington State Bar